The Grateful Dead Dark Star

jazzbo

Well, yeah. But I found this pretty interesting, at the bottom of the email I received:

Grateful Dead Vault News

Stay tuned for upcoming details regarding a very special Grateful Dead Vault release on the horizon for late this year. We look forward to sending production updates as they develop in the weeks ahead!

I wonder if that is the box set that mysteriously hand an order page and then did not appear earlier in the year?

:w

Maybe. But Rhino seems to like to reissue/repackage stuff.

Maybe Filmore West 1969 complete set? After all, Rhino has never released the set... :w

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, yeah. But I found this pretty interesting, at the bottom of the email I received:

Grateful Dead Vault News

Stay tuned for upcoming details regarding a very special Grateful Dead Vault release on the horizon for late this year. We look forward to sending production updates as they develop in the weeks ahead!

I wonder if that is the box set that mysteriously hand an order page and then did not appear earlier in the year?

YES, but Rhino is now the outlet for the boys. .. they were thinking of putting out another ten cd set.. . maybe they are primed to have Rhino do it. . . . It's my insane little hope.

Grateful Dead Vault News

:w

Maybe Filmore West 1969 complete set? After all, Rhino has never released the set... :w

News Flash:

8-3-06 A.P

Rhino Records has announced a release of a ten box set from the Grateful Dead titled "Me and My Uncle." It will consist of 5 cds with 75 selected live takes of the title track, plus a bonus disc of alternate mixes and audience takes. It is part of a larger series they are calling "Pure Bobby."

:)

Weird Dead moment of the day: I was listening to some Dead rehearsal tapes of 1975 (I think for the SNACK thang) and all of a sudden Weir says "Okay for a quarter: who wrote "Misty"?"

This leads to some discussion of Erroll Garner and how he couldn't read music and even led to Jerry playing "Misty" on his guitar. . . . If I had noticed that the last time I heard those tracks, about a year ago, I've totally forgotten!

Weird Dead moment of the day: I was listening to some Dead rehearsal tapes of 1975 (I think for the SNACK thang) and all of a sudden Weir says "Okay for a quarter: who wrote "Misty"?"

This leads to some discussion of Erroll Garner and how he couldn't read music and even led to Jerry playing "Misty" on his guitar. . . . If I had noticed that the last time I heard those tracks, about a year ago, I've totally forgotten!

Geez, Lon, that rehersal track is featured on the Rhino Box Set, "Noodling with the Dead," a collection of false starts, tune ups, stall tactics, and teases, Vol. 5, the Lost Year. Jerry's comments can be heard on the bonus cd, "Rare words from the stage 1975-1977."

Interesting enough, there is an alleged audience tape from 9-08-74 at the Jack-in-In-The-Box Theater in Anniston Alabama on which Jerry plays a single chord that may or may not be a tease of Garner's "Laura."

God, what a find that would be :excl::excl::excl:

Geez, Lon, that rehersal track is featured on the Rhino Box Set, "Noodling with the Dead," a collection of false starts, tune ups, stall tactics, and teases, Vol. 5, the Lost Year. Jerry's comments can be heard on the bonus cd, "Rare words from the stage 1975-1977."

Interesting enough, there is an alleged audience tape from 9-08-74 at the Jack-in-In-The-Box Theater in Anniston Alabama on which Jerry plays a single chord that may or may not be a tease of Garner's "Laura."

God, what a find that would be :excl::excl::excl:

My favorite from that Noodling series is the five second version of the head of Mary Lou Williams' "Roll 'Em" on Vol. 3.

The only 1971 I have is the April, 1971 CD set from the Fillmore East- tie dye cover and I was listening to it driving to inspections yesterday- it's becoming one of my favorite CDs to listen to! I have to get some other 1971 shows-

Speaking of Box sets- how about a 5 CD set of Jerry solos ala Parker Mosaic?

There is speculation that John Oswald is now prepping a 3-CD plunderphonics set w/ all sorts of quirky Godchaux-era embellishments layered onto heated jams from 68-70. Imagine knowing in Nov-79 that Keith's forehead hitting the keys would compel 3,500 Deadheads to shell out yet again for the classic '68 suite. Count me in.

As Bob said on one hazy yet memorable occasion back then "If you see our bass player somewhere out there, won't you please send him home?"

Listening to a great concert: Grateful Dead Live at Hollywood Palladium on 1971-08-06. Band seems to be on fire for this one and in great spirits. They're even telling people where to stand for the best sound when they tape.

Yes, great concert!

Do you, or anyone else, know where I can download the whole concert? I seems to me some of it has been edited out. This is what I have:

Bertha,

Playin' In The Band,

Loser,

Mr. Charlie,

Cumberland Blues,

Brokedown Palace,

Me And Bobby McGee,

Hard To Handle,

Casey Jones Saint Stephen, Truckin'-> Drums-> The Other One-> Me & My Uncle-> The Other One,

Deal,

Sugar Magnolia,

Morning Dew,

Turn On Your Love Light

I like this year also, I'm going download all I can find from '71. :crazy:

Edited by Matthew

Listening to a great concert: Grateful Dead Live at Hollywood Palladium on 1971-08-06. Band seems to be on fire for this one and in great spirits. They're even telling people where to stand for the best sound when they tape.

Yes, great concert!

Do you, or anyone else, know where I can download the whole concert? I seems to me some of it has been edited out. This is what I have:

Bertha,

Playin' In The Band,

Loser,

Mr. Charlie,

Cumberland Blues,

Brokedown Palace,

Me And Bobby McGee,

Hard To Handle,

Casey Jones Saint Stephen, Truckin'-> Drums-> The Other One-> Me & My Uncle-> The Other One,

Deal,

Sugar Magnolia,

Morning Dew,

Turn On Your Love Light

I like this year also, I'm going download all I can find from '71. :crazy:

HMMMMM. . . that is exactly the track list that I have. Probably from the same source. (Internet Archive in my case).