Gigs in July?

ALRIGHT gang!!! I am here, the weather is beautiful, and I can't WAIT for Wednesday night! The greeeeeeaze will be flowin' heavy and I can't wait to meet all of ya!!!

As an added bonus, it sounds like Mrs. Big Al will be joining me for the greeeaze-fest. Jim, why don't you bring the baby? :g

Just look for a goofy-lookin' bearded guy accompanied by a gorgeous redhead, and that's us! (Assuming I don't get confused by the 96/196 interchange!)

Can ya tell I'm excited???!?!?! :excited::party::excited::party::excited::party::excited:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in Texas this morning, and I just wanted to say a big THANKS to Jim, Joe, Randy, Chuck, Upright Bill (& Eric), and Uncle Skid for salvaging what was quickly turning into a disastrous evening, by having that great impromptu hang at Vitales. It was nice to be able to rap with all you guys, and that made it all worth it.

Hopefully, next year I come up there, I won't get lost looking for M-50, there won't be any storms, the power won't go out, I'll actually get there on time and I'll finally get to hear you guys live!!!!

(For those who don't know, the power outage at Club North cancelled the show!)

BTW, while driving back Wednesday night, I was listening to 88.9 and discovered Lazaro Vega broadcasting his show (Yet another Organissimite! Wish I'd been half-conscious, I coulda called him up)!!!!! At one point, he said "Great night for live jazz in Grand Rapids, as Organissimo played Club North tonight!" I coulda cried!

Anyway, thanks again, guys, and we'll try this again next year! :tup

...but did Chuck wear a shirt?

No.

Shhhhhhh!!! He doesn't know that yet!!! :g

Anyhow, aren't you glad me & Randy switched seats? You coulda been dragged into the discussion between Skid, b3-er, Joe & myself about 80's pseudo-prog-rock and where Phil Collins fits into the whole scheme of things! Chuck woulda lost more than his shirt, Icantellyouthat! :blink:;)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words guys: y'all made this Texan feel right at home. (Not to mention the fact that when I walked in, the TV had the Ranger game goin'. How's THAT for makin' a guy feel at home?) Lookin' forward to next year, when I hope we can do this again! :tup:party:

Anyhow, aren't you glad me & Randy switched seats? You coulda been dragged into the discussion between Skid, b3-er, Joe & myself about 80's pseudo-prog-rock and where Phil Collins fits into the whole scheme of things! Chuck woulda lost more than his shirt, Icantellyouthat!  :blink:  ;)

Yes. ;)

"prog-rock" I thought you said you were talking about Styx? :P

Edited by Upright Bill