Organissimo (dry) t-shirt contest

Without the word jazz, people don't know what it is. Adding "jazz" may prompt someone to check it out without having to have a conversation about it first. I wouldn't ask someone about a website on a t-shirt but I might check out the site if I knew it was about a subject of interest to me.

My thought exactly.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the initial design combined with the web adress in the orange circle best.

Could we make the logo available here and have some printed to save on postage etc. - I'd really love to have and wear some, but a hundred bucks is a little too much for my low budget right now. If I take the image on a floppy disk to my local copy shop, he makes me one on a high quality t-shirt for 25 - 30 Euro ... donation to the band not included ....

I like the initial design combined with the web adress in the orange circle best.

Could we make the logo available here and have some printed to save on postage etc. - I'd really love to have and wear some, but a hundred bucks is a little too much for my low budget right now. If I take the image on a floppy disk to my local copy shop, he makes me one on a high quality t-shirt for 25 - 30 Euro ... donation to the band not included ....

A hundred bucks??!!

:lol:

Wow! Sorry I'm late to the t-shirt party -- looks like some great ideas are floating around.

I really like couw's first design. Very clean and eye-catching. But, I agree with Rainy and Bill. JAZZ needs to be on there somewhere.

How about something real simple, like just adding "Jazz Forum" to the center of the circle? Just a thought...

I like the thing impossible did, but will it be readable?

maybe combine the two and use that spiffy retro-style font? I stuck to the font that's already in the design of this site, but am all for the retro one. (don't have it here though.)

another idea

My two cents worth (I would have liked to put the following words into a graphic format, but neither time nor ability right now):

a) The idea of a logo is to summarize things. The idea is NOT to have a logo and then have text all over the shirt explaining things (Just imagine a McDonald's shirt with a McDonald's logo and then stuff like: "Hey, if you ever see this logo, wobble on over and check our menus ... we sell food, actually, just in case you didn't know")..

B) Logos on shirts work best if they're a bit smaller. I thought John's small round logo (drop the text) to go up front (breast pocket placement) and then simply the web address (with maybe a one-liner) on the back of the shirt would be a great way to do it. It's been done a thousand times .. for a reason ... it works that way.

Summary: don't water down the logo! It can and should just be graphic, no text added.

Cheers!

I'd keep the center circle white (or whatever background color the shirt is) and not grey.

Jim (B-3er) posted about that issue, and I don't think anybody ought to challenge his position. It's HIS logo! Also, the idea that the design need to make clear what this site is about has been discussed. This is getting to be a long thread, but I hope everybody's reading the whole thing... :unsure:

I like the url in the circles logo, but I think anything else will distract from it. It is already such a strong design as is.

I think the circle logo would look great on the front pocket area, with the horizontal "retro" design on the back. The horizontal design will definitely be readable. The file is reduced to fit into this thread. You might not even be able to see the mouse icon beside the url in the file that is displayed here. It looks nice, and is quite big. I think Joe G saw one of the original files!

The tagline can be changed to read whatever you guys want.

One thing that I've learned from designer after designer is KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. You guys don't want to do to much to the logo, because, to be honest, it stands on its own.

the problem with the lettered logo is that "www." is longer than ".org," making it look a bit awkward if you put it on the back in a large version.

I think deus's point is a good one and I like what came out of his suggestion. Maybe do throw an additional large circle on the back like on the lavender one above.

EDIT: like impossible's suggestion too.

(lavender rules!)

Edited by couw