Organissimo (dry) t-shirt contest

howzabout some simpe little flyers or cards with a short catchy text and the URL?

another crappy attempt, shoot & kill. there can be 8 of these on one US Letter sheet, all you need is someone with a printer, scissors, and patience.

Catesta, you busy this week?

Edited by couw

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you need is someone with a printer, scissors, and patience.

Catesta, you busy this week?

Then what, are we going to tape these little cards on to tee-shirts?

yes, so you better stock up on duct tape too. <_<

I was rather thinking of spreading these little cards like... well, little cards actually.

Just because people here seem to like the tee with logo best without any text. One could print some slogan on the back of the shirt of course. Alternatively, handing out cards would be neat as well. You can change the text of a card more easily than that on a shirt and keep the shirts more of a cool affair to make people curious. (probably the name organissimo is a bit too long to be remembered upon first sight though, not everyone studied latin.)

Just another idea, costs money fer sure, but maybe there is some cheap-o card shop closeby.

This is still my favorite. Simple, bold, striking design. I think the "forum" additions that came later only clutters it up. Also, I'd keep the center circle white (or whatever background color the shirt is) and not grey.

John's initial design was brilliant - let's not screw it up by overthinking it. ;)

Without the word jazz, people don't know what it is. Adding "jazz" may prompt someone to check it out without having to have a conversation about it first. I wouldn't ask someone about a website on a t-shirt but I might check out the site if I knew it was about a subject of interest to me.

Would "Conversations in Jazz" be too corny a slogan? Or has it been used before?

I'm sure we could come up with something like that that would convey what we're after.

They gave me the smack-down when I suggested black. :w

Works for me...

Would "Conversations in Jazz" be too corny a slogan? Or has it been used before?

I'm sure we could come up with something like that that would convey what we're after.

They gave me the smack-down when I suggested black.  :w

Works for me...

The slogan, or giving me the smack-down?

Hey I really like it in black! :tup

So which way are we leaning for "front" and "back?" I prefer the big "O" on the back, with the smaller text on the front - I think it looks classier that way.

I suppose it depends on what we "want" the shirts for. If we want it as a walking advertisement to attract new people to an on-line jazz forum - well, then, I'm not sure if it's all that effective. If that's the case, then it definitely needs "jazz" plastered over it somewhere. But I prefer the more understated logo approach. I'd prefer it if someone asked me what Organissimo was, especially if they were attracted to the bold design of the graphic. To me, the shirt's less an advertisement to others than it is a symbol of this cool club we belong to here.

How about keeping the design simple (ie, the first one) and then having some sort of slogan underneath the image, separate from the rest.  Such as...

"The best jazz forums on the net" or something to that extent.

Agreed!

Maybe the words "the best jazz forum on the net" could be put inside the orange circle on the back side (or whichever side the big, text-less circle is).

Sort of like this, but centered with the revised text...

Edited by RDK

They gave me the smack-down when I suggested black.  :w

Works for me...

The slogan, or giving me the smack-down?

tshirt in blk.