Organissimo (dry) t-shirt contest

"Asymmetrical?" "Unstable?" Gosh, you've just described a large portion of us here on the forum. Truth in advertising and all that... ;):g

Seriously, I'm with Jim and a few others in really digging the "crossword" design... but with one exception. I prefer the small version of the crossword logo on the front with the "big O target" on the back.

LOL. I can just see each of designing slightly different shirts - heck, one-of-a-kind would make them really collectible! :lol:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, I'm with Jim and a few others in really digging the "crossword" design... but with one exception. I prefer the small version of the crossword logo on the front with the "big O target" on the back.

IMO, the crossword design would be too small (too small to be easily read) as a frontal logo; and... as much as I dig the big "O", I wouldn't really want a big bullseye on my back. Just imagine if one of our members were to wander into a rifle range, or a carnival, or worse yet, what if they were lying on their stomach at a helicopter landing pad... the results could be tragic! :g

as I mentioned before, that design is a bit "unstable." The "www" being longer than the "org" makes it too asymmetric for large size and centre position of the circle, the distance to the border does matter to make it all look fine. And it's "off" here- On the small breast pocket version there is no problem, that one is placed out of centre anyhow. I tried making the "www" shorter and that doesn't look too good as the letters get too slender to fit with the rest; making the "org" longer makes those letters too fat and pulls the "o" out of being a circle. I understand this may all sound like details details details, but I think those are really important if you want to make the big pic look good. It doesn't look good to me; I had my qualms about posting it really, but y'all were so pushy ... ;)

maybe someone can correct this asymmetry, impossible seems to have some more fonts than I do. I'll give it another try but the deadline is tomorrow if I understand correctly.

Who needs what before that deadline??

Personally I'd drop the WWW. You can get to the site just fine without it and everyone knows that its implied anyway.

I totally dig where couw is coming from. I trained as a visual artist and learned to look at things.  :P

No problem -- I'll be the first to admit I don't have a clue when it comes to things like that.

I'm just hoping that someone can work in an aesthetically pleasing picture of Geddy Lee somewhere on that shirt. :P;)

While I'm fully in favor of a bassist appearing on the shirt Geddy Lee was not the bassist I had in mind! ;)

Personally I'd drop the WWW. You can get to the site just fine without it and everyone knows that its implied anyway.

I think you've just solved the asymmetrical design problems.

Pluck that thing Bill. You're King. B)

I would ask that everyone go back and read the first post in this thread.

I am HUGELY in favor of Organissimo selling the shirts, I was in fact the guy that first suggested it to Jim.

However, the first priority is for Uncle Skid and me to be able to convey to 400+ jazz fans that this forum is the place where cool folks gather to discuss Jazz. Getting some subset of those 400+ people visiting here has a lot of advantages for all of us.

The effective design will let people know, without interaction from us, that this is the place they want to come to for Jazz conversation.

Edited by Upright Bill

Who needs what before that deadline??

Jim et. al. need to bless the final design(s) it is after all their logo that we'll be sporting. I'm certain, however, that as long as the logo is faithfully reproduced Jim will want folks to have what they like best.

My plan was to submit the winning design to my CafePress account as get shirts for Skid and me ASAP since time is running short (are you practicing tonight Uncle Skid?). Then I was going to offer Jim as much help as he wants/needs to get the CafePress stuff setup (that way checks get to him without passing through my books). Then the ordering would be open to everyone. My estimate is that people could start ordering by next Monday and be sporting cool new Big O duds by the following weekend.

So, after we decide I will need graphics 8"x10" or 10"x8" 100-300 DPI jpg or png. In fact nothing stops you from emailing them to me now if you feel your design is "finished."

Jim?

Edited by Upright Bill

:( ... why didn't I think of that. :) A great idea. Four "org's", John? I guess one of them (lower left?) would have to be upside down, but what the hell.

Now, is it too late to push a lavender shirt option... :g

Let's get this started just so Bill can get the T's in time for the conference. Let's do these two designs for now:

OrgTee2.jpg

org2.jpg

Not necessarily those colors of shirts, mind you. But I like those designs. Two different, yet similair designs would be cool.

Eventually, when these are offered to the rest of the members, I would like to have this option as well:

org3.jpg

And any others that we get that people want. Since there is no setup fee for the CafePress site, we can have as many different designs as we want.

Couw, can you post high res files for Bill here? Or email them to him? Thanks.