Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah - the Stuff Smith set. That is the one that eluded me..

Have been giving the Wynton Kelly/Paul Chambers Veejay set a good spin over the past few days. This is a mighty fine set, very well re-mastered and with the Kelly/Chambers/Cobb combo operating like a well-oiled engine away from the Miles Davis environment. The inclusion on some tracks of Wayne Shorter, Booker Little, Lee Morgan and Frank Strozier is the icing on the cake. Both this and the Morgan/Shorter Veejay are great sets.

I think I remember someone commenting that most of this is available on CD reissues

I don't have the time to look right now

but it is a great set

could not agree more about the Kelly/Chambers and the Morgan/Shorter

Johnny Smith Roost . . . great mellow swinging relaxing stuff.

I love this set also, never hear that much about.

Right now Stuff Smith Disc#2

Edited by gslade

Horace Parlan Disc 3... Wadin'... a great way to start this set....

and there's a bottle of red wine airing and waiting for me... So at the end of disc 3... comes dinner... wine... and disc 4.... :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I NEEDED this after 2 days with my infant daughter who's sneezed, coughed and wiped her runny nose on every article of clothing I own.... Those of you with kids - KNOW what I'm talking about!!!! :eye::eye::wacko::wacko:;);)

Edited by tranemonk

Horace Parlan Disc 3... Wadin'... a great way to start this set....

and there's a bottle of red wine airing and waiting for me... So at the end of disc 3... comes dinner... wine... and disc 4.... :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I NEEDED this after 2 days with my infant daughter who's sneezed, coughed and wiped her runny nose on every article of clothing I own.... Those of who with kids - KNOW what I'm talking about!!!! :eye::eye::wacko::wacko:;);)

Look forward to being a grandparent; you can give 'em back then. :)

MG

Played Anita CD3 yesterday :tup

(but why has taht liner notes writing guy to complain that much about Bregman's writing? It's not that bad, in my opinion...)

Forgot to mention that some time ago I finally played the whole Byrd/Adams - great set, with the highlight being the two albums programmed last (CD3/4 and CD4). Good stuff, definitely, and judging by those 1961 dates quite astonishing that Byrd (still/always?) had such a relatively bad reputation.