• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lou Donaldson - Midnight Sun (BN Classic "rainbow" series). My copy has some sort of weird distortion in the right channel on parts of "Candy," the first track on side one. Anybody else encounter this, or is it just my copy?

Same thing with my copy.

Thanks, Paul. For some strange reason, it always makes me feel better to find out that a flaw in one of my records is not just in my copy.

Now:

41FUcmWdY3L._AA300_.jpg

Jimmy Smith - Bucket (BN NYC mono)

Lou Donaldson - Midnight Sun (BN Classic "rainbow" series). My copy has some sort of weird distortion in the right channel on parts of "Candy," the first track on side one. Anybody else encounter this, or is it just my copy?

Same thing with my copy.

Thanks, Paul. For some strange reason, it always makes me feel better to find out that a flaw in one of my records is not just in my copy.

Not that that does either of us any good. ^_^

donald_lou~_cosmos~~~_101b.jpg

Lou Donaldson - Cosmos (BN UA). I picked this up today, along with some other LPs. I had never explored Lou's Blue Note stuff between Scorpion (1970) and the One Night With Blue Note concert (1985) - some of it looks pretty grim. I don't much like the vocals by Essence very much, but otherwise, this is pretty cool; it's still by a small, funky band - no synths or overdubbed strings. And Macon, Georgia's gift to funk, Jerry Jemmott, is on bass.

Same thing with my copy.

Mine too, so I imagine they all the same. How's the Mosaic?

Had to get some more Marion! MARION BROWN QUARTET:

1022large.jpg

Can't see anything in your previous post.

That's odd Paul, I could see it....must be one of those disappearing images that are discussed in the Forum thread. Anyway, tried an image from another source.

donald_lou~_cosmos~~~_101b.jpg

Lou Donaldson - Cosmos (BN UA). I picked this up today, along with some other LPs. I had never explored Lou's Blue Note stuff between Scorpion (1970) and the One Night With Blue Note concert (1985) - some of it looks pretty grim. I don't much like the vocals by Essence very much, but otherwise, this is pretty cool; it's still by a small, funky band - no synths or overdubbed strings. And Macon, Georgia's gift to funk, Jerry Jemmott, is on bass.

Couldn't help myself - spinning it again tonight. Jerry Jemmott + Idris Muhammad = groove.