Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was it issued with a DG on one side ?

For some reason I thought mine had DG side 1 but just checked it and it hasn't - so ignore the DG bit ! :rsmile:

wow, that's a relief :lol:

Sorry about that Michel, my stereo pressing, NY 'ear', has a deep groove on side 1.

Interesting !! :excited: i have never seen a "No Room" DG Stereo !! (and no mono neither)

Was it issued with a DG on one side ?

For some reason I thought mine had DG side 1 but just checked it and it hasn't - so ignore the DG bit ! :rsmile:

wow, that's a relief :lol:

Sorry about that Michel, my stereo pressing, NY 'ear', has a deep groove on side 1.

Interesting !! :excited: i have never seen a "No Room" DG Stereo !! (and no mono neither)

Neither have I :blink: - special Italian export ?

Last night - Hank 'No Room For Squares' (BN NY USA MONO, no DG ;) )

Edited by sidewinder

Lou Donaldson - Sweet poppa Lou - Muse (WEA France)

Lou Donaldson - Forgotten man - Timeless

Lou Donaldson - Back street - Muse

Lou Donaldson - Live in Bologna - Timeless

These early eighties LPs are so full of life, though there's nothing very innovative about them. I think Lou was simply very happy to have said "bollocks to all that funky orchestral shit" and gone back to straight ahead music - and the happiness comes through on all of these. And they all feature the one and only Herman Foster.

All recorded between Jan 1981 and Jan 1984.

MG

LEO CUYPERS

leo%20cuypers.jpg

This record was made just after Leo had left the Willem Breuker Kollektief. The liner notes on the cover by Wim Van Eyle, one of the compilers of the Dutch Jazz and Blues Discography, tells extensively about the recording session, organized on the 20th of July 1981 in the VARA Studio number 2 in Hilversum, the "radio" city in the center of The Netherlands. This Trio recording is rather unique, as Leo loves to play solo piano - een tweevingerige pianist ( = a two-finger piano player) critics said, but Wim Van Eyle refutes this in the first paragraph: Zijn solo's in stukken als Newborn en Bim Bam Beieren zijn een smak techniek, waarmee voornoemde kritici wel een heel eind het bos in gestuurd worden. (= His solo's on the piano in pieces like Newborn and Bim Bam Beieren show a remarkable technique which learns that his critics were wrong ).

label.jpg

Leo, we gaan spelen als een echt jazztrio en we maken een Flanagan-achtige LP van. (= Leo, Let's play like a real jazz-trio and make a Flanagan-like album ), Han Bennink must have said. Han Bennink is nowadays still active as an artist and percusssionist in contemporaty music.

Leo Cuypers: A two-finger piano player?

Keep swinging

Durium

Duke Jordan: Flight to Jordan (Savoy/SJ reissue)

Hadn't listened to this in over ten years. I remembered Larry Kart praising it highly a while back, & decided to give a listen. The trio sides are very fine - perhaps my favorite Duke Jordan.

I saw this reissue yesterday at a store. I almost bought it. Thanks for the tip.

NP Briliiant Corners - Monk (Riverside) Mono