• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gerald Wilson Orchestra 'Everywhere' (World Pacific stereo)

Stereo? :crazy::bad::g

After the mono thread and the classical forum thread I wish propose two different thread:

1 ) What mono vinyl are you spinning right now??

2) What stereo vinyl are you spinning right now??

This may be my favorite of his. Mine's stereo; I've never seen a mono.

So am I the only one here to own a mono copy of this?

It's on my mono section of vinyls, between Who's Next and After The Goldrush, both mono obviously :D

Edited by porcy62

I have some of the earlier ones in mono original pressings - the 'Moment of Truth' and 'Portraits', for example.

Don't think I've ever seen any of the World Pacifics in mono though. I usually listen to this session on the Mosaic set but I think I prefer the sound of the LP.

The cover design of the 'Everywhere' is a classic !

Edited by sidewinder

After the mono thread and the classical forum thread I wish propose two different thread:

1 ) What mono vinyl are you spinning right now??

2) What stereo vinyl are you spinning right now??

And 3) What quadraphonic vinyl are you spinning right now? :crazy:

K. Jarrett PERSONAL MOUNTAINS ECM.

my favourite KJ's european quartet date, and the sound is not so ecm-ish, as some of chew-you may expect (maybe because it was recorded live in Japan :D )

Ah, yes, mono. :g

Edited by porcy62

... Don't think I've ever seen any of the World Pacifics in mono though. I usually listen to this session on the Mosaic set but I think I prefer the sound of the LP.

To my ears, those stereo World Pacifics always seem light on the bass and a little shrill in the high end. I find I have to tweak the dials significantly for these.

The cover design of the 'Everywhere' is a classic !

An all-time fave! Looks great on the wall next to Junior Mance, Straight Ahead (Capitol).

To my ears, those stereo World Pacifics always seem light on the bass and a little shrill in the high end. I find I have to tweak the dials significantly for these.

I find that a clean on the VPI helps in this respect. I know what you mean though.

The early mono PJs are fine though in this regard. Not like those rubbish World Pacific 'fold-down' monos. :D:g

Edited by sidewinder

I find that a clean on the VPI helps in this respect. I know what you mean though.

The early mono PJs are fine though in this regard. Not like those rubbish World Pacific 'fold-down' monos. :D:g

Agree :tup

Mono, and even stereo, early PJ smokes, I love my Curtis Amy stuff.

Edited by porcy62

Agree :tup

Mono, and even stereo, early PJ smokes, I love my Curtis Amy suff.

Please d`nt forget The Jazz Crusaders. ;):tup