What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

6 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

The twins were in a Star Trek episode!

When they perfect time travel, just visit Florida in the 1990s, and you can find both albums for a dollar each!

I'm streaming it now, would go up to $5 if NM...

• Replies 56.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Niko said:

NjktMzE2NC5qcGVn.jpeg

Jazz on the Left Bank

a recent lunchtime find, Martial Solal is by far the biggest name in the group, it's  nice cool jazz album... 20 years later the same designer would make the cover art for Keith Jarrett's Birth

Love that cover

25 minutes ago, Niko said:

NjktMzE2NC5qcGVn.jpeg

Jazz on the Left Bank

a recent lunchtime find, Martial Solal is by far the biggest name in the group, it's  nice cool jazz album... 20 years later the same designer would make the cover art for Keith Jarrett's Birth

Interesting 🧐 .... 

yes, I love that cover, too... it was one of those moments that make you love record stores, you walk in and then right by the door is this beautiful record you've never even heard of, with a lineup composed from some of your favorite scenes (Belgium: Quersin, Netherlands: Ilcken, didn't record much, France: Solal, Bay Area: Dickie Mills...) in half-decent condition for a really nice price... I actually had another experience like that recently, quite a similar record, in a way... playing that now

MC05Njg5LmpwZWc.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Niko said:

yes, I love that cover, too... it was one of those moments that make you love record stores, you walk in and then right by the door is this beautiful record you've never even heard of, with a lineup composed from some of your favorite scenes (Belgium: Quersin, Netherlands: Ilcken, didn't record much, France: Solal, Bay Area: Dickie Mills...) in half-decent condition for a really nice price... I actually had another experience like that recently, quite a similar record, in a way... playing that now

MC05Njg5LmpwZWc.jpeg

And another great cover. Record shops, always hope...

Now playing here,

image.jpeg.a78334d07ecfca8e5158fc70632a2122.jpeg

Soren Skov Orbit - Adrift [Frederiksberg Records, Denmark 2024]

1 hour ago, Niko said:

MC05Njg5LmpwZWc.jpeg

This and other Swing releases were reissued @ Japan in the late 90's ....

Albert Mangelsdorff Quintett - Birds Of Underground [MPS/BASF West Germany 1973]

has the maximum file size been reduced lately?  i used to be able to copy/paste cover images from Discogs with no issues but in the last week or so most of the files are deemed too big

2 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Albert Mangelsdorff Quintett - Birds Of Underground [MPS/BASF West Germany 1973]

has the maximum file size been reduced lately?  i used to be able to copy/paste cover images from Discogs with no issues but in the last week or so most of the files are deemed too big

Use the URL and the Other Media button.

On 8/6/2024 at 2:36 PM, mjazzg said:

Amalgam - Prayer For Peace [Transition, UK 1969]

An oft overlooked gem.

This would get the current Spiritual Jazz mavens in such a tizzy if released now

Hear, hear!

On 8/7/2024 at 7:24 PM, mjazzg said:

This again

Absolutely right! This record should be mentioned and played much more often.

On 8/19/2024 at 5:40 PM, mjazzg said:

Thanks, I think it has to be my top score not least because a lot of previously sold copies seem to be G+, obviously a party album in its day

Congratulations on your purchase from me too. It is indeed almost impossible to find a decent original of the Jazz Epistle album (I never managed to find one 😢).

I was in London last winter but unfortunately didn't make it to Atlantis. 

2 hours ago, corto maltese said:

If you like it - and I'm pretty sure you will, you should also hear the other records in the series (Evan Parker solo and Barry Guy solo and with Fred Van Hove).

Thanks, I have the Evan Parker and I'm on the look out for the Barry Guy, I didn't realise there was one with Van Hove, I'll check that out but prices are crazy

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

Use the URL and the Other Media button.

Thanks, I did know about that but haven't been using it for some reason. Will do so from now on

4 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Thanks, I have the Evan Parker and I'm on the look out for the Barry Guy, I didn't realise there was one with Van Hove, I'll check that out but prices are crazy

yeah, Assist is excellent. I don't know why people on Discogs are charging $200+ when the going rate is like $75 max for a nice copy. Surely you'll find one.

7 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

yeah, Assist is excellent. I don't know why people on Discogs are charging $200+ when the going rate is like $75 max for a nice copy. Surely you'll find one.

Yeah it'll turn up.

Just realised that 'Assist' has van Hove on it, so that's what corto maltese referred to above

On 9/4/2024 at 12:55 PM, Niko said:

MC05Njg5LmpwZWc.jpeg

Wonderfully described ! Really !

Wasn´t Henry Renault the guy who was so crazy about first hand bop players he went to NY to hear them all and also be photographed together with them. 

There is a famous picture of him with Bud, another with Monk, another with Duke Jordan and so on....isn´t he the guy who had invited Monk to his first trip to Paris ? 

And was´n he the one who interviwed Bud, and produced a sample of surviving bop pianists somewhere in the 70´s "I remember Bebop?"