What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

20 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

That current Carolina Soul listings is pretty special. 

Here's hoping it stays reasonable for you

Primary

Anthony Braxton - Alto Saxophone Improvisations 1979 [Arista, US 1979]

Primary

Anthony Braxton - Five Compositions (Quartet) 1986 [Black Saint, Italy 1986]

Thanks! Did AB sign that record for you? Awesome if so, but even if not pretty cool to have his autograph. 

• Replies 55.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Arthur Blythe - Lennox Avenue Breakdown

PXL_20240706_173746256.jpg.e218156c3e7c38ed08fc822343179fcd.jpg

This one was a big hit with the kids. I later found my six year old writing a post it note to remind himself to ask for the record more ("this sacserfon record from botim left").

Those kids have great taste. I always wonder if my kids will have more open ears when they’re all grown up than others because they are hearing a lot of free and improvised music. I think that people are from birth really are a tabula rasa in that sense as both my boys never responded negatively to even the freest of all jazz. I still remember me playing Albert Ayler for my 2 year old the first time and he didn’t respond to it in any way, like it was some pleasant background music. My wife on the other hand still has difficulties with even the classic Coltrane quartet or Charlie Parker. It might have to something with how she grew up right? If your brains are used to a certain structure in music, you’re probably going to have trouble listen to more unstructured music.

Anyway, you’re doing a great job bringing them up with the greatest jazz players of all time :)

9 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Arthur Blythe - Lennox Avenue Breakdown

PXL_20240706_173746256.jpg.e218156c3e7c38ed08fc822343179fcd.jpg

This one was a big hit with the kids. I later found my six year old writing a post it note to remind himself to ask for the record more ("this sacserfon record from botim left").

❤️❤️❤️ .... for both the music and your kid's remark 😎 ....

NP:

OS01MDgyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Sunny Murray's Untouchable Factor - Apple Cores (Philly Jazz, 1978)

14 hours ago, JSngry said:

That's an interesting record.

Yep.  Hendrick's didn't have many opportunities to record in the 70s -- but Tell Me the Truth is rock-solid. 

I dig the Pointer Sisters' backing vocals on the opening cut, Gaillard & Stewart's "Flat Foot Floogie."  I only wish the sisters would've stuck around for another track or two.  ;) 

1 hour ago, Pim said:

IMG-7825.jpg 
a very well sounding reissue of this great spiritual jazz classic. With Joe Bonner, Cecil McBee and Norman Connors. What a rhythm section 😍

A great record!   I was lucky enough to snag this LP when I was in Spain last summer -- at Wah Wah Records in Barcelona.  :D 

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

If nothing else, it will give them something to tell the therapist.

Haha! 

I have no doubt that my fascination with music took root in my childhood, seeing my father love music and hearing him play his records.  And all those musical memories are nothing but positive.