• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Denny Zeitlin 'Live at the Trident' (Columbia 2-eye)

:tup That one's good !

Yes, I tend to forget that I like Zeitlin and rediscover him after a few years. This recently came out on CD in Japan, so I'll order a copy as a back-up. Not meaning to put further pressure on you before that Tokya trip... :)

Now spinning:

026694.jpg

Not meaning to put further pressure on you before that Tokya trip... :)

Don't worry - the pressure relief valve is already blown and I am resigned to emptying all pockets. 'Advance intell' from the guys in Tokyo has already seen to that.. :lol:

I'll definitely consider a copy of the Zeitlin on CD to go with the Mosaic Select.

380438829264.jpg

Jimmy Deuchar - Pub Crawling (Contemporary). Spinning this recent acquisition in honor of the Kingdom remaining United, and in honor of good beer everywhere. (Each of the tunes is named after a British beer.) Derek Humble, Tubby Hayes, Victor Feldman, Stan Tracey, and Phil Seamen are on board.

Edited by jeffcrom

62944961.jpg

Lars Gullin - Modern Sounds: Sweden (Contemporary 10"). Continuing my theme of "European jazz issued on Contemporary." Compared to the Jimmy Deuchar album, this music (from a couple of years earlier) isn't nearly as accomplished - it doesn't really have its own voice, except for Gullin's own playing.

milt+jackson+-+soul.jpg

Milt Jackson - Plenty, Plenty Soul (Atlantic black label mono). First time hearing this one in nearly 20 years - I lost it in the divorce way back when. (She was crazy, but I've got to respect her for appreciating Bags.) I've been looking for a decent, affordable copy of this for some time, and found it today.

Your loss!

An early jazz purchase for me and still and all-time favorite.

My loss!? ;)

Yeah sorry man...Coleman was my first big jazz love when I first heard his music as a 16 year old almost 25 years ago. I *love* Ornette Coleman...the size of my record and CD shelf space given to him will attest to that but yeah - I don't dig his trumpet and violin playing! I don't hate it, but time is limited so when I want to hear him I'll skip that stuff.

$%28KGrHqRHJCYE8fi%28bspCBPJdwBORz!~~60_

Gordon Jenkins Presents Marshall Royal (Everest mono). One more before bed: a new find - gloriously corny and great at the same time.

And the horn Marshall is holding appears to be the exact model and vintage as my #2 horn - a Conn 6M from the mid-40s. (Apologies to all the non-saxophonists out there for this digression. But it's a great horn.)