• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, mjazzg said:

As a non-father am I allowed to listen to it? 😃

Currently listening to

Byard Lancaster - It's Not Up To Us [Superior Viaduct, USA 2023 RE]

I could listen to the first two tracks of this album on repeat all day I think, just beautiful playing by everyone

That album has really grown on me over the years. When I first bought it (Vortex pressing, when it was cheap) I was bummed that it was not the "free jazz" I was hoping for (within the narrowish definition I had). Now I think it is an incredible, honest and creative album that points to a reconciliation between playful, populist groove and avant-garde soul-bearing.

7 hours ago, mjazzg said:

As a non-father am I allowed to listen to it? 😃

Currently listening to

Byard Lancaster - It's Not Up To Us [Superior Viaduct, USA 2023 RE]

I could listen to the first two tracks of this album on repeat all day I think, just beautiful playing by everyone

As a non-father, you can probably listen to Harry Chapin's "Cats In The Cradle" without feeling like a shitty dad for working a lot when your kids were young. :)

Oh what great records I have heard last days: 

1) The Lee Konitz Nonet (I don´t have much Konitz, I think I have 2 albums co-led with Miles, and one with Tristano) is typical fine acoustic jazz from the late 70´s , partially using electric keyboard. Sy Johnson´s arrangements are great ! 
I always have the impression that Konitz had a vibratoless sound, else than Jackie McLean but also a bit sharp, maybe Konitz´ sound is a white sound, and Jackie McLean of course a black sound.

2) Tyner McLean is just one of those ideal records with favourites of mine. They all sound so great, and besides Ron Carter you have Marcus Miller on some tracks, and that´s also very fine ! 

3) Maybe this was one of my favourite editions of the Jazz Messengers with Donald Harrison and Terence Blanchard. I think Donald Harrison should have been the next thing after Jackie McLean, he is great. And I love those drum intros Blakey plays here ! Anyway, the drums is my favourite instrument to look at and listen to.....

Download (2).jpg

Download (3).jpg

Download (4).jpg

On 10/19/2024 at 10:05 PM, HutchFan said:

While watching Bama vs. Tennessee (with the TV sound muted):

OS5qcGVn.jpeg

I don´t have much with Joe Farrell, I saw him once in 1983 but I was a bit disappointed because it was scheduled to be Chet Bakers gig with Joe Farrell, and Chet didn´t appear, it was told he was locked in a hotel room in Roma since he had lost the key or some stupid story like there was so many. 

But I couldn´t watch nothin with such a personnel (Chick, Buster, Elvin) !!!!! 
In general if I listen to a record, I close my eyes.