Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, soulpope said:

Understood .... always a pleasure when great music receives an considerable sonic upgrade 👌👍 ....

Just playing The Cry again... When I bought it, the salesperson already commented on the great sound (and, of course, it's also a pleasure to have a physical store in walking distance where a record like this doesn't arrive unnoticed)... It's been a favorite record for a long time, normally I'm not in the market for fancy reissues of things I already have on CD...

1 hour ago, Niko said:

Just playing The Cry again... When I bought it, the salesperson already commented on the great sound (and, of course, it's also a pleasure to have a physical store in walking distance where a record like this doesn't arrive unnoticed)... It's been a favorite record for a long time, normally I'm not in the market for fancy reissues of things I already have on CD...

🤓🥳 ....

2 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Arthur Doyle Plus 4 – Alabama FeelingPXL_20240914_085237484.jpg.27d7c01b8e6d0bda971ba0c37ed4eb43.jpg

Saturday morning with the most chaotically malign of all free jazz records 

Never heard it, chaos and malignancy? The big sell...

Currently available for just £800 at London based seller!

Edited by mjazzg

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

Never heard it, chaos and malignancy? The big sell...

Currently available for just £800 at London based seller!

Chaos and malignancy. Finally together. Leave the entry level Brotzmanns at the door. 

This is a reissue from a few years back. Not the original. Although I think that Honest Jons East has an original for £200.

26 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

Chaos and malignancy. Finally together. Leave the entry level Brotzmanns at the door. 

This is a reissue from a few years back. Not the original. Although I think that Honest Jons East has an original for £200.

That reissue's price is creeping up it would appear. I had a stream and hear what you mean, bet it's on the Thurston list?

Now playing, diametrically opposed

MC0zMTMxLmpwZWc.jpeg

The Herbie Mann/Sam Most Quintet [London Records, UK 1957]

The vinyl is in absolutely pristine condition which considering its age is pretty amazing. Definitely for flute lovers only

On 9/14/2024 at 2:28 PM, mjazzg said:

That reissue's price is creeping up it would appear. I had a stream and hear what you mean, bet it's on the Thurston list?

I found it in Spitalfields Market one day. Not too expensive.

And yes, I think it is on the Thurston Moore list. Good guess.

Edited by Rabshakeh