What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

6 hours ago, Pim said:

amazing music, sound isn’t the most impressive. TP this one!!!

I believe Jacknife (on vinyl) was my first McLean album. Fantastic playing, also from Jackie himself. I really like the style, half-way in between the more progressive albums that were released in the mid 60s and some of the more conservative hard-boppish sessions which also were not released until the 70s. The tune "Blue Fable" is to me such a great example of that.

Edited by Daniel A

• Replies 56.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fred Neil - Bleecker and MacDougall

PXL_20240602_083226071.jpg.e0bfb2ecf0619a3b7ad9277d656ceb7a.jpg

I bought this one early-ish in my vinyl buying career when I was not quite making informed decisions yet (£24.99 for a buggered Fred Neil record in c.2007?!). I play it with trepidation because it has been the record that I have played both times my former hi fi set up stopped working. I suspect it is haunted. Anyway, I randomly read something about Coconut Grove yesterday so this had to be played today.

2 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Lee Konitz - Meets Warne Marsh Again / Warne Marsh - Meets Lee Konitz Again

PXL_20240602_085510802.jpg.5f847d51216318823429c8dcc3ce23c2.jpg

Now one that definitely isn't haunted, that I discovered thanks to this forum.

I got this along with a whole bunch of Black Saint, Soul Note, Enja etc LPs in the early 90s at £1.99 each !

Doing a Sunday afternoon sort of my rack of vintage British jazz and a peruse of the 'Labyrinth' book (beware Minotaurs..)

Spinning Joe Harriott Quintet 'Abstract' (UK Columbia, mono).

21 hours ago, Brad said:

IMG_1453.jpeg

How is the music and sound on this one (recent reissue, presumably?)

On 6/2/2024 at 8:01 AM, sidewinder said:

How is the music and sound on this one (recent reissue, presumably?)

This is a Third Man pressing and the sound is fine but not audiophile I’d say. I used to have the Verve LPR that they reissued probably about 20 years ago but somehow lost it or something.  Coleman is not on a par with Jimmy Smith or any organ master but I still like it. It’s a good organ date. 

12 hours ago, Brad said:

This is a Third Man pressing and the sound is fine but not audiophile I’d say. I used to have the Verve LPR that they reissued probably about 20 years ago but somehow lost it or something.  Coleman is not on a par with Jimmy Smith or any organ master but I still like it. It’s a good organ date. 

Thanks for that.

Spinning 'The Descendents of Mike and Phoebe' Strata-East/Pure Pleasure LP. Part of a sale package received from Pure Pleasure on their discontinuation of the Strata-East catalogue.