Unbelievable news from Manchester United

Very shocking news. Timing-wise, I mean - we all knew it was going to happen, but at this stage? Bizarre. I wonder what the story is here? It's a really peculiar situation.

I have to say, I see it as more of an emotional wrench for United - losing a formerly great player and a still-inspirational leader - than a footballing one. Keane is not nearly the player he used to be (not that United necessarily have the answer yet to how to replace him!).

Now for a replacement...with Ballack, they'll get a similarly good footballer, and another raving egomaniac! He seems to me to be the obvious choice. Any other ideas? The ultimate two fingers to Arsenal would be to sign Vieira from Juventus, but I'd have thought this is almost out of the question.

We'll see...with a few notable exceptions (Rooney, Ronaldo), Ferguson's transfers of late have been dubious to say the least...

Especially in the big games, his presence is almost worth an extra player if he's up for it.

You are absolutely right!!! I can say the same words on David Beckham. Both, Keane & Backham were in their good days the best midfield players a team can think of and Sir Alex Ferguson let both of them go.... :angry:

Especially in the big games, his presence is almost worth an extra player if he's up for it.

You are absolutely right!!! I can say the same words on David Beckham. Both, Keane & Backham were in their good days the best midfield players a team can think of and Sir Alex Ferguson let both of them go.... :angry:

Isn't it about time Man U let Ferguson go?

You have to also wonder what Wenger was thinking with letting Viera go.  Those two seem to be in eclipse right now.

Rumor has it that Thierry Henry will be leaving for Barcelona next year. That would be another blow for Arsenal/Wenger...

...and for the Premiership, of course.

There's a few defenders who'd sleep better on Friday nights, for sure.

Barcelona would then presumably be on the sell - they'd have a ridiculous array of strikers...and a frighteningly pacy one as well.

Well, the question is why let Patrick and Thierry go.  I mean, that was the heart of the team, unless they need to save money because of the new stadium and they want to get younger and they're willing to take a couple of down years.

I wonder if the pair of them sensed/are sensing a slide, irrespective of their own games? I think Arsenal are in an awkward patch just now (although as I type, 2-0 up against Wigan!).

Well, the question is why let Patrick and Thierry go.  I mean, that was the heart of the team, unless they need to save money because of the new stadium and they want to get younger and they're willing to take a couple of down years.

I wonder if the pair of them sensed/are sensing a slide, irrespective of their own games? I think Arsenal are in an awkward patch just now

My thoughts exactly.

(...)(although as I type, 2-0 up against Wigan!).

Now only 3-2 up against Wigan... Thierry scored twice!

It's also the final result.

Damn! (No (undue ;) ) offence to Arsenal fans). Wigan have a nightmarish sequence of fixtures now. Worst I can ever remember the fixture computer throwing up. I forget the order, but now they face Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Tottenham. Mind you, I would bet on Wigan taking at least something from these games.