Clare Fischer - First Time Out - King Japan

J.A.W.

It is a good album, and I bet that vinyl sounds fine. Fischer denies ever having heard Bill Evans up to the point of this particular recording, but that's very hard to believe ... at least for me. The album, to some, I suppose could sound derivative, but it still pays ample dividends. Besides, you get to hear more early 60's Gary Peacock!

This one and Don Ellis's Essence will be properly reissued on compact disc ... when I'm 97, and near-deaf.

Alfred (Michael?),

Just watched Zelig last weekend. One of my favorites by Allen. Did you know that period motion picture cameras were used for that film? Part of the reason that 20's/30's look is so authentic.

OK, back to Clare. First Time Out actually was reissued on disc, but only in Japan, and I'll be 98 before I ever find an actual copy.

Alfred (Michael?),

Just watched Zelig last weekend. One of my favorites by Allen. Did you know that period motion picture cameras were used for that film? Part of the reason that 20's/30's look is so authentic.

He used lenses from the 1920ies, old cameras and sound equipment. In addition they carefully scratched the negative.